Cambridge School of Art
Key reasons to study with Cambridge School of Art:
- In the National Student Survey 2014, our students awarded us with outstanding scores. Highlights included:
97% and 96% for our BA (Hons) Film and Television Production lecturers for 'explaining things' and 'making the subject interesting' respectively
93% for our BA (Hons) Graphic Design lecturers for 'explaining things' and 'making the subject interesting'
- We're the only university in Cambridge offering Art & Design at higher education level
- Our Art & Design courses ranked in the top 3rd of The Guardian League Table 2014
- Our modern and progressive art school has a 150-year-old art tradition
- We're home to a tight-knit community of artists, academics and over 900 students, in which everyone is an individual
- Our Ruskin Gallery is a professional and ground-breaking digital art gallery that shows touring exhibitions of international standing as well as student work
- Cambridge is one of the UK's top creative hotspots (NESTA Creative Clusters and Innovation report 2010) and houses 18% of the UK's computer games workforce.
- Our graduates have an excellent employment record
- We offer great opportunities for study abroad
- Amongst our graduates we can boast Pink Floyd's Syd Barrett and Dave Gilmour, Spitting Image creators Peter Fluck and Roger Law, and the creator of St Trinian's, Ronald Searle
- In the last Research Assessment Exercise, set up to monitor the standard of research in UK universities, 70% of our staff submissions were awarded 'International' status
- There are opportunities to study modules from other disciplines
- Strong links with the creative industries and practitioners
- Light, bright studios alongside state-of-the-art facilities
- Recent graduates and students have had success in major national and international student prizes
Please use the menu to the left to navigate our site. Enjoy your visit!
Our associated research clusters: