Department of Music and Performing Arts
Welcome to the Department of Music and Performing Arts at Anglia Ruskin University. The Department offers courses at undergraduate level in Music, Drama, Creative Music Technology, Popular Music and Performing Arts and at postgraduate level in Music Therapy and Dramatherapy. Research Degree supervision is also offered in a range of subjects.
On this site you can find information about our courses, information about Staff, Facilities, Research and Performance activities, and our Diary of Events. We also have sections devoted to Student Resources and samples of student work available via the Student Gallery.
All of our courses offer a distinctive integration of practice and theory and you will be encouraged to be creative, critically engaged and intellectually curious about your chosen area. Our modules are carefully designed to be innovative and up-to-date, and they are taught by first-class, research-active staff who are recognised, nationally and internationally, as experts in their field. Students, staff, visiting artists and technicians all work closely together on collaborative projects, in a supportive and friendly environment. On completion of your degree, you will be well equipped for a range of careers within the creative industries and beyond and will join the growing family of Music and Performing Arts alumni at Anglia Ruskin!
Why study Music and Performing Arts at Anglia Ruskin:
- Our courses offer a distinctive integration of theory and practice, vocational relevance and experience, with an emphasis on performance and 'learning by doing'
- Our teaching is provided by first-class, research-active staff who are recognised, nationally and internationally, as experts in their field
- In the most recent National Student Survey (2014) our BA (Hons) Drama achieved 93% for overall student satisfaction
- We provide individual instrumental and vocal tuition with world-renowned tutors
- We work in purpose-built, state-of-the-art facilities within the heart of Cambridge
- Our Music, Drama, Dance and Performing Arts research was awarded world-leading status in the Research Excellence Framework 2014
- We are an active research community with a number of cross-disciplinary research centres, including the Music for Health Research Centre
- Employability and vocational skills are embedded throughout our courses
- Our links with local industries in Cambridge and East Anglia provide possibilities for work placements, collaborations and internships
- We offer study a number of abroad opportunities including exchange agreements with universities in Europe and America
- We work as a community of learners, in a supportive environment, exploring the new, the challenging, and the thought-provoking
Cambridge is a beautiful and historic university city. With a student population of some 25,000, it also offers a young, vibrant and creative environment. The city is full of student bookshops, cafes, cinemas, art-galleries, museums and, importantly for Music and Drama students, an exceptional number of theatre and concert venues, both mainstream and experimental. London's concert halls and theatres are also within easy reach of Cambridge by train or coach. What better place to study?
Head of Department
Head of Department
Our associated research clusters (click button to visit site):