- When will I receive information about my ceremony?
- How long will I have access to my student email address?
- How do I confirm my attendance?
- Can I choose when to graduate?
- My visa expires before graduation/my guests need to apply for visa to attend my graduation ceremony. Can you help?
- I can't access e-Vision or the 'My Graduation' task, what's wrong?
- I've confirmed my place but I'm now unable to attend, what should I do?
- Do I have to attend my graduation ceremony?
- I'm graduating - do I need a ticket?
- How much are guest tickets?
- How many tickets can I buy for my guests?
- When can I purchase guest tickets?
- I need another guest ticket
- When will I receive tickets for my guests?
- Are my guests seated with me?
- Can I bring children to the ceremony? Do they need a ticket?
- I've bought guest tickets and I'm now unable to attend. What should I do?
- When will I receive my certificate?
- I've not received my certificate. Why?
- Will my prize be presented at the graduation ceremony?
When will I receive information about my ceremony?Information will be posted to your home address. It's therefore essential you keep your home address updated on e-Vision, as we will also send your award letter, final transcript and certificate to this address.
How long will I have access to my student email address?Your Anglia Ruskin University student email account is for life. We'll send graduation information to you via this account so please remember to check this regularly, or put a forward on to the email account you regularly access.
How do I confirm my attendance?A 'My Graduation' tab will appear on your e-Vision from 21 July to 31 August 2014.
Can I choose when to graduate?Following attainment of your award you'll be invited to attend the next ceremony allocated to your Faculty/Department. Ceremonies in October 2014 are for those whose awards are confirmed between 1 October 2013 and 30 September 2014.
My visa expires before graduation/my guests need to apply for visa to attend my graduation ceremony. Can you help?Please visit Visa information for non-EU students
I can't access e-Vision or the 'My Graduation' task, what's wrong?If you haven't used e-Vision lately you can reset your login using the Password Manager. For any other issues contact the Student IT HelpDesk. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01245 686600/1.
- Outstanding debts: please ensure all outstanding debts have been settled by 21 July 2014. If debts are left unsettled you'll be unable to confirm your attendance or buy guest tickets. Please don't leave confirming your attendance or buying guest tickets until the last day, as you may miss out.
- I've paid all my debts but I still can't access e-Vision/My Graduation: if you've cleared your debts it will take 24 hours, from that point, before you'll be able to confirm your attendance. If you are still unable to access My Graduation, please email quoting your SID.
I've confirmed my place but I'm now unable to attend, what should I do?If you find you can't attend after confirming your place please email us.
Do I have to attend my graduation ceremony?Attendance at graduation ceremonies is not compulsory; the conferment of your award is made at the Anglia Ruskin University Awards Board and not by attending a graduation ceremony.
I'm graduating - do I need a ticket?As a student, you do not need a ceremony ticket. Your place is free, but you do need to confirm your place. Once you confirm you're attending, you'll be allocated a seat at the ceremony, a souvenir programme and a drink at the Faculty post-ceremony reception. After you confirm your place, you'll receive an email to your student email account confirming your place. Your name will be checked against a list of confirmed attendees on the day.
You'll collect your seat card on the day from the check-in desks. This will show your seat number for the ceremony and will have a tear-off section for your Faculty post-ceremony reception. Seat cards are used for entry to the ceremony as well as the Faculty post-ceremony reception.
How much are guest tickets?Guest tickets cost £25.00 (including VAT) and include a seat at the ceremony, a souvenir programme and a drink at the Faculty post-ceremony celebration. Tickets are used for entry to the ceremony as well as the Faculty post-ceremony reception.
How many tickets can I buy for my guests?In the first instance you can buy up to 3 tickets when you book your place. No exceptional circumstance will be considered to allow the purchase of more than 3 tickets before 31 August.
When can I purchase guest tickets?Guest tickets will be on sale from 21 July to 31 August 2014 via e-Vision. If you don't purchase guest tickets between these dates we'll assume that you don't wish to purchase any guest tickets and your guest allocation will be made available to other students.
I need another guest ticketWe cannot guarantee to have additional guest tickets available. If you've already confirmed your graduation attendance, and we have additional tickets available for your ceremony, you will be able to purchase these on a first come, first served basis. Look for the link on these pages from 2 September to 4 September. We do not keep a waiting list for guest tickets or consider any exceptional circumstance.
When will I receive tickets for my guests?If you're a graduand with a UK home address, your guest tickets will be posted to you approximately two weeks before the ceremony date.
If you're an international student, EU student, from the Amity Global Business School, LCA Business School London or London School of Marketing, or a student whose award is being confirmed in September 2014, your guest tickets will be available for collection when you collect a seat card on the day.
If in doubt about the date, time and the number of tickets you have ordered, go to your student e-Vision account/My Graduation, check and print off the details. The My Graduation tab in student e-Vision account will be available until after your graduation ceremony date.
Are my guests seated with me?All graduands are seated together. Guests will be directed at time of arrival to the best seats available. If guests arrive late or separately, we may not be able to sit them together.
Once the ceremony has started guests are requested to remain in their seats so they do not disturb the ceremony.
Can I bring children to the ceremony? Do they need a ticket?Whilst graduation is a family celebration, experience has shown that children can become bored and restless during ceremonies, but we appreciate it is not always possible to make alternative childcare arrangements. Children under the age of 5 may enter free of charge but are required to sit on the lap of the accompanying adult. Children aged 5 and above must have their own ticket and seat. Children under 18 must be accompanied by an adult; please note that children cannot be seated with the graduand. There are no concessions for children.
Buggies and seat carriers are not permitted in ceremony venues. These items can be left in a designated unsupervised area at the owner's risk.
I've bought guest tickets and I'm now unable to attend. What should I do?If you wish to cancel any or all of your tickets, you must either write to us or email us by 31 August 2014. Requests for refunds under exceptional circumstance received after the deadline will not be considered.
Refunds will be made to the card account or bank account from which the refundable payment was made.